3 October 2011

New Shoooooooeeess

It has recently been pointed out that I have pretty bad luck in general. Maybe it's just plain clumsiness but I seem to loose things, drop things and hurt myself and others on a regular basis.

Prime example of this happened the other day. I am on my feet all day in hot, uncomfortable boots so have to wear comfy shoes to and from work. My favourite ones are elegant tan loafers that have moulded themselves to the exact shape of my feet. As I boarded the tube in the early morning on my way to work, my favourite left shoe of this pair slipped off my foot and disappeared onto the track. Cue me repeating in shrill panicked tones, "Where the fuck is my shoe? Where the fuck is my shoe? WHERE THE FUCK IS MY SHOE???" I scrabbled around on the floor for a bit trying to relocate my favourite left shoe but the tube pulled away and I was left with one bare foot. All I got from the other commuters was blank, uninterested faces pretending that I hadn't just lost a shoe and that it was silent on the tube rather than filled with my loud howling laughter.

I had to hobble the rest of the way to work, unable to control my hysterical laughter, walking up the escalators, through the glass strewn streets, without a shoe.

Unfortunately the shoe could not be relocated on the track - it has disappeared into thin air - so the pair had to be replaced. I did try to replace like with like but a pair of beautiful lace up wedges caught my eye and I decided that I definitely could not live without them. And they are almost as comfortable as the loafers. Bonus.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...