6 June 2011

Get Stuffed...

I definitely could have thought of a better post title for a taxidermist artist. That is totes super lame.

Anyway. After a bit of gentle pestering, Polly Morgan agreed to let me help set up her Biennale exhibition 'Burials' because I was in Venice and wouldn't stop emailing her and she is very kind. It was literally the best day of my life. Most of my time was spent squeezed into perspex boxes, sweating like a gorilla and trying to remove dust particles from the inside corners, a particularly frustrating job as the dust came back in once I had prized myself out. But I have never been more content! My future profession will have to be cleaning dust particles from perspex boxes for taxidermist artists.

Some photos of the exhibition....







The lovely Polly

I went to the private view a few days later and, on a massively whimsical whim, I decided to buy something. It is called 'Still Birth' and I think it is beautiful. Photo of it is below. Only one of 10 made, how bloody exciting is that?!?! Pride of place in my bedroom when I get home.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...