29 January 2011

Shame Academy

Well the DUO Christmas/New Year's/Beginning of February Oscars themed party has been and gone....Red carpet, free bar and an awards ceremony complete with little gold plastic men for the best of the Duo bunch etc etc. I've looked in the dictionary for the best word to describe the night and I've come up with:

IGNOMINIOUS Adjective
deserving or causing public disgrace or shame

Whilst draping myself over the "Duo Golden Boot Award for Most Fantastic Employee" and gesticulating wildly to my colleagues, I managed to knock a plastic Oscar award onto the floor and spectacularly decapitate it. In front of my manager, the managing director and the company owners. Good lord in heaven WHY?! To make matters worse, I felt so guilt-stricken I started scrabbling around searching for the missing appendage on the floor, arse in the air, photos flashing away recording the humiliation. The head was never located.

Quote of the evening: "Did it even have a head to begin with?"

Meanwhile Helen got so drunk that by the end of the night she was completely speechless, with a vague fixed grin plastered on her face. Plastered being the operative word. Grace was overlooking the proceedings hooting and cackling away.

Some photos from this eventful evening.

Gorgeous Helmand
The beautiful Daffers
Me and Helen
The legend that is Tom C

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...