29 June 2012

Jaunts into Gin

As a firm believer in the mythical and restorative powers of gin, I had no choice but to attend the press night of the new Gin Jaunts menu from The London Gin Club at The Star at Night. Having had a particularly difficult few weeks (not really), I was in dire need of several large gin and tonics (I always am). My doctor might as well have written me a prescription.

The London Gin Club did me proud. Along with my friend Katie, I was treated to eight different brands of gin, each one served in a giant goblet glass with Fever-Tree tonic and their own unique garnishing. I've never tasted gin like it - each one was entirely distinctive - and it was so interesting to taste gin served with something other than lemon or lime wedges.

By far my favourite was the Gilpin's with lemon and sage...followed closely by the Sacred with pink grapefruit and rosemary....followed closely by the Tanqueray 10 with orange and watercress.

But don't listen to me - go and try it for yourself. Become a member of The London Gin Club and get 4 (very large) different gin and tonics for £18. By the end of it, you will be a gin connoisseur. And pretty mullered.





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...