23 December 2011

Nutcracker

All I can say is that it was AMAZING. Our seats were brilliant - no need for nosebleeds or night-vision binoculars after all. It was the best two hours I've spent sitting down for a very long time. You know when your smile stretches your cheeks until they hurt and you can feel happiness like a tight ball bursting in your chest? I still feel like that two days on!

When I was back home, cocooned in my cosy bed with the Nutcracker music running through my head on a loop (which bloody kept me up all night) all I wanted to do was watch Fantasia to relive the brilliance of the ballet. Instead I got trippy dancing mushrooms and thistles and floating flower heads and strangely sexual angel fish. I fell asleep half way through and woke up to unicorns, centaurs, cherubs and pegasus. I forgot how much I love that bit. When I was younger I wanted to be the ginge centaur with a dove on her head (still the case).

If you've forgotten how much you love that bit of Fantasia, here are some pictures to remind you. Enjoy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...