5 November 2011

Happy Bonfire Night!

Bonfire Night spent in Brockwell Park, Herne Hill.

The night was fully enjoyed: Mulled wine was glugged heartily; hot dogs with caramelised onions were munched down gleefully (and pizza but that's not traditional Bonfire Night fodder so we'll keep that on the down low); and toffee apples were chewed determinedly.

I say the toffee apples were chewed because I decided to put my hand to making toffee apples at home. But without my sugar thermometer, it was difficult to know when the sugar had reached that crunchy stage. You know, the one just past the so-chewy-you'll-loose-your-fillings stage. Unfortunately, it never reached the right stage and I ignorantly, happily and generously dipped my apples into the toffee.

I spent the whole night with my teeth glued together in a sugar induced lock-jaw.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...