24 October 2011

Rosso Pomodoro

It's been four months since I left Venice and I miss the pizza. Oh man, I miss the pizza. Venetian pizza is sloppy, it's light, it's gooey, it's cheesy, it's chewy, it's just so unbelievably tasty.
Now I'm back in England Dominoes and Pizza Hut and Pizza Express and Ask don't cut it anymore. Not even my mum's home made pizza can cut the cheese.
Then I moved to London and started working in Covent Garden and discovered Rosso Pomodoro.

OH MY GOOD GOD.

It's the most authentic Italian restaurant I've been to outside Italy. Actually, scrap that, it's more authentic than some of the restaurants in Venice. All their ingredients are sourced from the finest Italian produce. All of their waiters are genuine Italians and very rarely speak English very well. All of their menu is so Italian, it hurts. It has quickly become my favourite place to eat. Sometimes I even chance an Italian word or two...I'm never understood.

The pizza topping is sloppy, it's cheesy, it's tomatoey, it's perfection. And the base is puffy, it's crispy, it's chewy, it's soft - it almost tastes like pancakes. I am drooling just thinking about it.

Please please go.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...