23 August 2011

Superb or Sacrilege?


I'm worried about watching this film. The book destroys me every time. Even thinking about it makes me well up. Even reading other people's comments about how it makes them well up makes me well up. It's a profoundly sad and lovely story, which - unless you have a heart of steel - guarantees long hard sobbing sessions. The film has a lot to live up to.

Everyone has made such a song and dance about Anne Hathaway and her pants Yorkshire-American accent but it worked for Rene as Bridget Jones and Gwyneth as that lady in Sliding Doors. I hope it'll work just as well here. Otherwise she will totally destroy the character of Emma. TOTALLY.

Although it's slightly bizarre that the trailer gives away almost all of the story in 2 minutes, it looks like the plot is entirely faithful to the book and it looks like it's going to make me well up.

Fingers crossed I don't hate it....


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...