1 April 2011

Venezia: The Beginnings

Having become very bored with the monotony of my life in England, I decided on a whim in January to go and live somewhere - ANYWHERE - else for a few months. Yesterday I left Gatwick airport and arrived safely in Venice! I will be here for three months, learning Italian and generally (hopefully) enjoying myself in the sunshine. 
I am staying in a little flat with a lovely Venetian family next to San Marco, the heart of Venice. Laura, the landlady is quiet but friendly, and speaks barely a word of English. Wonderful. My room is dolls house miniature including the bed which I am almost certain must have once been a cot.....
I have come to the conclusion that, after the disastrous Italian lesson I had today, I will spend the time I have dozing through my classes and wandering aimlessly through the streets drawing and photographing all the beautiful sights, trying my best to look attractive, cool and wistful. This is proving quite difficult so far with the humidity, my fringe has gone mental, it's now a ridiculous ball of ringlets bouncing off my forehead....

Ciao for now! x

Generic Venetian Landscape

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...